Avocados give an unbelievably creamy texture to this otherwise typical fudge. I often give this fudge as a gift and no one can ever believe it's made with avocado!
23 people made this
- 2 avocados, peeled and stones removed
- 110g butter, melted
- 125ml Irish cream liqueur
- 175g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 750g icing sugar
- 250g plain chocolate, chopped
- 90g white chocolate, chopped
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:1hr chilling › Ready in:1hr20min
- Place the avocados and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Blend with an immersion blender until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Scrape the mixture into a saucepan and stir over low heat.
- Pour in the Irish cream and stir. Add the cocoa powder and stir until completely incorporated. Stir in the icing sugar 100g at a time, making sure the sugar is completely incorporated and the mixture is smooth before adding more.
- Melt the chocolate together in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave). Do not overheat or chocolate will scorch. Pour the melted chocolate into the saucepan and mix thoroughly. Remove from the heat.
- Line a 20x30cm tin with greaseproof paper. Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared tin. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Secrets to fudge success
Read our Making perfect fudge article to learn a few secret tips and tricks to making perfect fudge every time.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(17)
Reviews in English (17)
This fudge is lovely and creamy, but VERY rich. I also found it a little on the bitter side, but I think that might be because of the % dark chocolate combined with the cocoa. I would definately make it again but would use a lighter chocolate and maybe a smidge more baileys :-)No one would ever know it had avocado in it!-30 Mar 2012
This was quick and easy to make and tastes divine. Make sure you sift the cocoa and icing sugar to prevent lumps and a sore arm trying to beat them out!Avocado? What avocado? Fantastic secret ingredient!-09 Dec 2011
Absolutely superb! They were a big hit. Will definitely be making again.-22 May 2016