- Dish type
A wonderful Mexican-inspired salsa, full of black beans, sweetcorn, tomatoes and onion. Chill 24 hours before serving if you have time and serve with tortilla crisps.
213 people made this
- 3 (400g) tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (340g) tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes, partially drained
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 bunches spring onions, chopped
- 1 to 2 green chillies, seeded and minced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
MethodPrep:15min ›Ready in:15min
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Chill in the refrigerator at least 8 hours, or overnight, before serving.
Black turtle beans, or simply 'black beans' for short, are especially common in Latin American cuisine. High in fibre and packed with nutrients, they're a healthy addition to any dish. If you can't find tinned black beans, use dried.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(209)
Reviews in English (165)
Used different ingredients.I do not use the tinned tomatoes, but instead use 3 additional fresh tomatoes. I also omit the green chillies, but substitute jalapeno peppers (usually 2 or 3 depending on size, no seeds). I also add 4 capfuls of white balsamic vinegar and the juice of 1/2 lime and 1/2 lemon.-08 Aug 2008
Not really spicy, but has an excellent fresh flavour to it. Note that it makes A LOT of salsa, so I would recommend making it for your next big party.-08 Aug 2008
I have made a variation of this recipe for years and everyone loves it! The fresh coriander adds a wonderful flavour.-08 Aug 2008